Thursday, June 4, 2009

Flashback 9 of 365

Colors of Nature

Redding in California - 12/24/2007

My true inspiration for photography is, well, colors. Actually I love landscape photography more than anything else but only because it provides me the most gratification for looking at something natural and colorful in its purest form. So when I went to Redding in 2007 we were on our way to the Shasta Caverns where we entered their tour through the gift shop. I went straight to where these stones were arranged. Never have I seen such colorful arrangement before and so I had to capture these pictures.

First thing I thought to myself was "no distractions" in this image. So I zoomed right into the stones letting them gracefully cover my whole frame and I was happy to take them on. I love the way it came out. One day I'd want to print them big and hang it somewhere in my house. But that's yet to be done. Until then, I'll proudly blog about it.

1 comment:

  1. I agree this would look great printed out big and framed.

    ReplyDelete