Friday, June 19, 2009

Flashback 19 of 365

Satya Narayana Katha

My House - 12/20/2008

Colors have an important role in the culture I am a part of. This capture is from a ritual called Satya Narayana Katha in Hindu religion. In fact this event was in my own house. I have plans to blog more about various topics but for now getting to the basics. I took this picture for one reason and that is to capture the colorful arrangement. My place was crowded with people to attend this ritual so I had limited space to work with and to capture this shot. You can see the vibrant colors of different offerings we give to our god. I know what you are looking at. The $ bills right? Yes, that is one of the ways we give our offerings to our god. Eventually, this money ends for a good cause, per se.

Camera Info:
Camera: Canon EOS Digital Rebel
Lens: Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Exposure Time: 1/40
Aperture: f/4.0
ISO: 400
Focal Length: 55mm

1 comment:

  1. Thx that's what I love abt our culture and behind the lens colors are what I look for most of the times

    ReplyDelete