Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Flashback 20 of 365

Birthday Cake


4/15/2006

Well, these cute kids are from a birthday party I attended from my work back in 2006. That was the time I was just realizing the magic of digital SLRs. I had promised a friend of mine that I'll capture his son's birthday party so I did. Selective Coloring is a really cool technique that can give you some really amazing results that will change your perspective as a viewer. Look at the color photo. Even though it captures all colors, I see distraction from the main subject which for my depiction is the kid and his birthday cake. Now look at the top photo with selective coloring. It brings out the subject loud and clear in that photo.
But you are welcome to take your pick and tell me which you like the most and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment